Wednesday, July 21, 2010

One More Large Delivery

Today the new bed is arriving.

This is the bed that is replacing the bed that Raquel and I broke while it was in transit from one bedroom to the other. I am really looking forward to getting up off the floor and back into a bed that sits at a reasonable height.

In the meantime, the lift arrived and is sitting at the foot of the medical bed. Actually it's more of a looming over the bed - it's huge, awkward and ugly. It is not something that Martha Stewart would approve of in a bedroom design. Perhaps I should knit a cover for it?

I believe that we must have everything that a disabled person would want by now. We have all the smaller durable equipment - oxy-meter, blood pressure machine, a saliva suction machine, feeding pump, Dynavox - as well as the larger items - walker, manual and electric chair, lift chair, bed, lift, bed table - and all the repurposed items - helmet, gait belts, hockey pants and baby monitors.

I hope that after today we will not need any more deliveries to this address for quite a while. At least not for huge items that require us to get rid of something old to make room for the new.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

4 comments:

Queen Jaw Jaw said...

I love that you keep your sense of humor intact while all around you is LARGE. It has served you well. I bet Dennis loves that part of you so much. I know I do.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog last year while searching info on MSA. My dad is 71and he has MSA. I have some questions maybe you can help me. I have moved both my parents in with me Feb my mom just cannot do this alone. My email address is droug1@bellsouth.net. Thanks for sharing. Karen

Chatty Lady said...

Your optimism is infectious I swear. Dennis is so fortunate to have your genuine loving care. I did the caregiver scene for 5 years and I didn't have the patience and strength for endurance as you seem to have, making light of your trials and tribulations. If there is a SPEED CLOUD to heaven, you'll be on it one of these days in the far future. Reading your blog makes me a better person myself. Say does Dennis's bed need a new larger afghan? I have lots more time on my hands now that I have semi-retired. I am dead serious Anno, it would be my pleasure and I have tons of yarn lying around..

Anonymous said...

what are the hockey pants for? and does he wear a matching jersey? ;)