Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hockey Pants

I mentioned a while back how much weight I have gained over the past three years. The good news is that I have not gained a pound since retiring, and perhaps even lost a pound or two. I think getting away from the stress of work, and I know that not eating school lunches has made a bit of difference already.

What does it really matter anyway. Where ever we go, Dennis gets all of the attention.  Rightfully so, I suppose.

Someone left a comment on a previous post asking about the hockey pants. They are actually one of the reasons that Dennis gets so much attention.

Whenever we walk, even if it is in the condo hallways, Dennis wears his helmet. If we walk outside, he also wears his hockey pants. They have great hip and rear end padding that protects him if he should fall. I know that you can buy padding that is made just for this purpose, but he had them around and they work. In fact, they probably work better because of the harder plastic padding. Sometimes he also wears his elbow and knee pads that are also left over from his hockey days. Believe me, no one is looking at me when we walk around the block.

There are many reasons Dennis garners all of the attention from others. Most of the time the attention is good. Some of the time, it is a bit harder to take. But even I will admit that I would stare at him long and hard I if saw him tottering down the road, a girl at his side holding him by his gait belt, dressed up in his gear. It is a sight to behold.

And yes, he often wears a matching jersey. Sigh....

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I love that you have such a good attitude! Dennis is lucky to have you. That being said, I think having a good sense of humor can get us through anything. Keep on keeping on!!