Friday, January 29, 2010

A Typical Friday

I admit to a big relief whenever Dennis and Raquel leave on a Friday, and I am home alone for a few short hours.

(Just as I finished writing the above sentence, Raquel and Dennis rolled back into the house - five minutes after they left. Raquel told me Dennis wanted me to come along - they were teasing me! He just needed his medications before they left or the morning.)

Anyway, after that brief interruption, I have about 10 minutes before....

Raquel just came back for one more thing, and now it's time for me to go, too. Be back later.

3 hours later

I ran some errands - I had purchased, online, a new phone for Dennis to replace the phone thrown in the washing machine (the phone I purchased was a Nextel, and I was assured by Sprint that it would work, but it did not not come with the necessary Sims card. So I asked where and how to get a sims card and was told that maybe, just maybe another store might have one laying around). Then I had lunch with a friend who wants to job share with me next year, if we can figure it out. It was a great lunch, with a really fun gal (yes, you Sheila) and a perfect two hours.

Then it was to the pharmacy to pick up a drug for Dennis. It was not in. This is the super antacid that was prescribed to Dennis after his last bout with pneumonia in December. It still has not been filled. It needs a prior authorization, because it is not formulary. The pharmacy says the doctor has not written the auth yet, and the doctors office says the pharmacy has not asked for it yet. They are both wrong.

When I returned home, I immediately called the doctor's office, and was in the middle of the call when Raquel and Dennis returned home. So much for alone time today.

But I would turn away any alone time for time with a girlfriend. And that is what made today perfect.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: