Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mother in the Hospital

The health fairies must be very, very angry. I am not sure who did what to whom to piss them off so much, but they have rained down on this household way too much.

Mother is in the hospital with a fractured pelvic bone.

My mother is known for being the anti-grace queen. She can fall while standing still. It's true, I have seen this happen. She has always tripped over the tiniest thing on the ground. She is almost like the princess and the pea, but she is the princess and the dust fleck on the ground. Jane and I both call our cats Avey, because they fall so often. Avey is a family euphemism for anything ungraceful.

Anyway, she was at the Ordway on one of the assisted living outings. She fell when walking back to the bus. At least she heard the music first.

I have been to the hospital and ER way too much this past year. I want it to stop. Please, health fairies - we will all get our flu shots, and will wash our hands often. Just leave us in peace for a little while.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: