Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Life

Last week I was at my doctors for my yearly appointment. We were talking about memory issues and it seems I have no problem. I guess if you forget daily chores, mindless activities, you are okay. It's when you forget the big stuff - like going to work - that you need to start worrying.

Have you ever felt like you were simply existing? Moving forward? Maintaining? I wish I could really put this into words, but these days I am simply happy if I accomplish whatever it is I need to do on any given day.

T0day, I was able to let 4 girls in 4th grade know that at "our school" we would not accept mean and bullying behavior.I gathered packing boxes for them and assured them that any continued misbehavior would result in moving to another school. I also put a 5 year old, with a vocabulary of a 40 year old, know that demeaning language and biting was simply out of line. Then I let another 4th grader know that if he did not do his homework each and every evening, I would put my foot down and move him to another school. Furthermore, I put a couple of teachers in place, helped make Hobboken Stew for a staff happiness fest (HA!). Then I met with a bus of hoodlums and put them in their place.

I feel good about today, and know that tomorrow may result in starting all over once again. I live day to day to day. Maybe this is the right way to live. I do not know. I only know that this is the way that life is leading me today.

I also know that life is fleeting and that we must live for today. So I shall. At least today - I will live for this one day.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

ps, mother is back at TCU, Dennis is in a happy place, and we have found new PCAs to lighten our life. Next step is getting qualified for Medical Assistance....more to come

No comments: