Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dennis the Menace

It's 2:38 am on a Thursday morning. Why am I awake?

No, I did not wake up and suddenly need to go to the bathroom. No, although I often do wake myself up snoring, that is not the case either. It, of course, is Dennis.

So what did he do this time?

He has been worried lately, about everything. He is sure that his feeding tube is plugged. He is positive that Raquel and I are plotting against him. He thinks that his catheter isn't draining properly. He isn't eating. He isn't getting out of bed. He isn't having any fun.

And he wants to make sure that I am miserable, too.

We talked when I came home from work, and I thought we had moved ahead, a bit. But then he woke me, at 2ish, to check his catheter. I, very unhappily, crawled out of bed (we keep the temp at 62 degrees, so it is COLD) and put together a set up for unclogging the tube. I inserted water, and then pulled out nice, clean and unclogged urine. No blood, no clots, no nothing but urine. Now he feels better and I am sitting here stewing.

No, he really doesn't want me to be miserable. too. But he is very high maintenance - not a quality that I admire.

We will get through this period. We always do. In the meantime, I have my computer, a free blog site and you, my dear readers (who said that?) to listen to me.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: