Friday, September 18, 2009

Shit, I am Old

Just how old are you when you find yourself the official closer on your mother and father's 30 year home? Or, maybe better asked, when your partner falls down three times in one week?

There are significant events in your life that make you realize that you have aged. For some people, the 30th, 40th, 50th 0r 60th birthdays are milestones (I don't yet know beyond the 6th decade). For me, the years haven't meant as much as the events that have happened along the way.

In the past few years I have lost my waist line. This has been a huge reminder of my own age. OLD. Mary, of Peter, Paul and Mary, died two days ago at the age of 72. I thought about how young 72 is - another indication that I am rather old. I am OLD.

I need some time to accept this new thought in my head. What is the routine? Anger, denial then acceptance?

Okay, I am angry! I am old! Grrrrrr!!

Until later
Ann and Dennis

No comments: