Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Predictability

Dennis' MSA symptoms seem to have hit a plateau, for the moment. After Ireland, he was very tired, and then the surgeries set him back a bit. But, since his catheter fell out last month, he seems to be doing fairly well. At least nothing new has popped up for a while.

I have learned to enjoy these times. Some have been very brief, others quite a nice amount of time. I have stopped worrying about when it will end, and instead enjoy the time at the plateau.

I easily adapt to change, at least, for the most part. Actually, I thrive on change - if it isn't constant. Even so, the changes in Dennis aren't exactly celebratory in nature. So, instead, I celebrate the non-change times.

Right now, I know how the mornings will look. I understand and am able to deal with the best and worst case morning scenarios. I know how the day may go, whether he is with me or with one of his PCAs. We may not lead the most exciting life, on a day to day basis, but we still have our home, travel, friendship and a complete and total love for each other. So, predictability, at least in this case, is wonderful.

And predictability is what I am celebrating today.

Until tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: