Friday, September 18, 2009

Falls

Dennis has fallen 3 times this week. The first time he was sitting on the toilet. The second time he was standing in his office, and yesterday he fell in the kitchen.

He has been more careful the past 2 years, and the falls have been few. Even so, obviously they have started to increase. This is not good news. But, it is still workable news.

We have had a toilet seat riser, since we moved last year. It worked for a while, but Dennis has been needing increased support while sitting on the toilet. He requires a steady seat, and a riser does not provide this. It doesn't help that we have hard landing in the bathroom with tiles. Carpeting is out of the question.

Today, we will be checking out other solutions to the toilet problem. I don't know if there are risers that are sturdier, or if we need a new, high rise toilet. Conversely, maybe we need to add some more bars around the toilet.

One problem with MSA, is that there are so many unknowns. I never, in my wildest dreams or nightmares, would have considered that a toilet design would be something that I would have need to think about, when we first embarked on this new journey. But it is, I guess.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

1 comment:

vivi3 said...

Hi Ann and Dennis..

It´s been awhile..and I see that there has been a shitload ;) of things happening!

Ann, you celebrated predictability in one of your blogs.. However, I would say that your lives are not too predictable actually. Always something new happening lately..And that´s ok to my way of thinking. Life is more interesting when it surprises you in small ways..or bigger ways. Sometimes the surprises are not too positive..I know..but even these teach you something..move you forward a notch..in some way..they force your brain to think in other ways..yet again.

Maybe those football Sundays aren´t all that bad?? Your mom and Dennis get to do something TOGETHER..and sports kinda take you "away" for awhile..I mean you can read a book..listen to music..go for a walk..sit at the computer..while they enjoy their time? Just a thought...my partner likes F-1 racing and then he plays his World of Warcraft..and I do what I like doing..it´s an ok arrangement..most of the time. What do you think?

Anyway..hugs to you both along your way :) :)