Sunday, March 15, 2009

The weekend

Maybe this is a entry for a list. Bits and pieces of tiny items that just beg to be shared with someone. And you are the lucky recipients of this non all-inclusive list of the ups, downs, and stories of our lives recently.

Insurance
  1. Our insurance woes continue. We have been dismissed by Cobra, who holds his insurance, by being told Dennis is only covered by an HMO in Wisconsin. There are no HMO's in Minnesota. They are not budging.
  2. ADP, a data processing company, appears to be trying to help us somewhat, but they get the very same answer as Cobra. At least the woman working with us now calls back when she is not happy with the answers given to her.
  3. We will contact Ikea directly this week, as well as the Minnesota Attorney General in an attempt to get everything put back into some sort of order.
  4. Meantime, the bills keep piling up, and for the most part, the service providers have been more than patient with us.
Work (for me)
  1. We made a decision that I would cut back to 4 days a week for next year. One week I will take care of Dennis, to cut down on PCA expense. The next week I will have time to myself, without worry about care-giving for a period of time. We will need to cut down on a few expenses, but now that we have furnished our condo, and really don't need anything new, this should work out okay.
  2. I have a countdown until the end of the school year, and I have less than 89 days until my summer vacation. If you remember, the work schedule is one of the best parts of my job. I don't do summer work, and hopefully never will need to work for the money.
  3. The long, cold and wet winter made it difficult for teachers and kids, but all of the prevention measures that I put into place this year, have still made my job easier than last year.
  4. As education goes, especially under our extremely right winged governor, we are facing yet another budget crunch for next year. For the 10th year in a row, we will be facing astronomical cuts for services to our students. We still hold out hope for a change under the new administration of our federal government.
Our weekend
  1. Saturday we both had our eyes tested. We both still have healthy eyes, thankfully. We also have both improved eyesight for distance. Unfortunately the changes were significant enough to demand new lenses.
  2. We both picked out a new frame -Dennis purchasing one of the bendy frames with bendy lenses and me finding a new funky frame. I guess we will still be fashion plates as we get older and older.
That seems like enough for now.
Until tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: