Thursday, March 5, 2009

Restaurant Week

"We're drifting apart," Dennis told me the other day.

This is not the first time I have heard this sentence from Dennis. He is never afraid to point out to me, and to both of us, that we need to refocus on us. He is never accusatory when he tells me this, he is just stating a fact. I am lucky that Dennis is always ready to articulate any problems in our relationship without pointing fingers. This simple fact always makes any issue an easy fix.

Lately, both of us have retreated and have started to live separate lives. We simply aren't spending much time together. We both have our reasons and excuses, but neither of us are really happy when we are not in sync.

I have decided to lay blame to our recent episode of distancing to Dennis' statement a few weeks back, that he has one to two years left to live. I have been getting ready to be single once again, or letting go early, or some other psychological such thing.

It's a moot point, at least for now. We easily came up with a plan and acted upon it by going out for a mid-week dinner. How lucky for us that it was restaurant week and we had a great 3 course dinner at a great price at a very nice restaurant. Ah, we eat and make up, once again.

No comments: