Monday, March 16, 2009

We Are Not Happy

I try very hard, these days, not to get angry. I am suppose to be mature, at 56, and I am suppose to have learned to control my temper. I am also suppose to be a role model for the children that I work with. In addition, I am suppose to have learned something about the advantages of control and assertiveness, over aggressiveness and being overtly pissed off.

Most days, I win at this game. Some days, I do not do as well. When I am tired of a fight, or I find no sense in a particular stance, I do not do as well as I wish I could. I don't feel too guilty; I am sure most of us have a particular weakness that does us more harm than good.

But I am sick and tired of this insurance business. I imagine that a big part of the problem is that I do not understand the rules. I barely understand simple insurance, let alone, the complications of a Cobra account. I really am not looking forward to Medicare or Medicaid, whatever it is that Dennis deals with next.

This is not right. We throw good money at insurance. We expect our insurance companies to protect us, not fight us. Maybe the whole idea of insurance has become a joke. I, as a consumer, could not argue that insurance has been our friend.

I know that I am naive about matters of making money. Money has never been my number one priority. But I am not stupid, either. I do not like being taken advantage of, as a consumer, and I will fight back when I feel that I am.

And I must quit now, before I say something that I will regret for a long time. And there is something rather sad about that statement, too, isn't there?

Until later,
Ann and Dennis
being screwed by big companies with big money

No comments: