Monday, March 2, 2009

A Bit More Blood

In honor of Dr. Suess, the first Monday in March is Read Across America Day. At our school, they celebrate this by having tons of guests, teachers, volunteers and parents inundate the children with one of the favorite picture books.

I dressed up as a little old lady, introduced myself as MaMa Osterhus, and told the children the story of the old woman who swallowed a fly. I was a hit. So were many others. But, it also was a long day.

Dennis was in bed, reading the mail, when I walked in. He wanted to get up and get to his room to pay some of the bills we had received. I helped him to a sit up position, put his chair in a good position, and at his request, left him alone.

Ten minutes later I heard a thump.

His already bent up nose has a new bend in the bridge and two more small cuts adorn his face. He still looks better than Mickey Rorke, but he is catching up, slowly.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: