Monday, February 2, 2009

Day One of Research Test Two

It was a long day - with driving, doctor visits and test, pooping and cleaning up. We had settled into our hotel room and decided to find a place to have a dessert before retiring for the evening. We were both exhausted, but we weren't quite ready to watch TV in bed. There just isn't much else to do in a cheap hotel room, and the book I brought was not calling to me.

We cleaned up, to the best of our abilities, and headed out through the crazy subway and sky way system of Rochester. Rochester is all about the business of hospitals, clinics, research, hotels and restaurants. The subway, and sky way walkways seem to be add-ons, to ensure shopping and eating while making your way around the tiny downtown area in the cold of Minnesota winters. They aren't efficient or direct, but then I am spoiled by the great sky-way system of downtown Minneapolis.

We were off. We weren't venturing too far, just to a hotel a few blocks away. We turned down the wrong hallway, when Dennis said, "Take me back to the room."

We had crabbed at each other all day. He was demanding too much, and I was bossing him around too much. It took me 7 minutes to eat my lunch time burger, it took him 40 minutes to eat half of his. He needed to be cleaned up a few times because of pooping issues, and I didn't feel like cleaning up crap all day. The list of complaints we had were trivial, and really just frustrations that life wasn't feeling quite fair at this particular place and time.

Today was day one of the test. Tomorrow we will find out, we hope, that he does not really have MSA or Shy-Drager. I suppose this was weighing on us all day, too.

No comments: