Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cabin Fever

This has been one of the worst years for cabin fever in a very long time. Of course, my memory is short and I may have said the very same thing last year. But, for at least today, I say it most emphatically - everyone I know is suffering from the winter yucks.

The kids are really icky at school, and we are all running out of patience. The adults at work are the second signal that this winter is way too long and crummy. We all want the kids, and their parents, to go far, far away. We want each other to go far, far away. No one is happy.

Tomorrow is Jenny Lind Pride at school. All of the students that have been referral free for the month get to spend a little bit of time having nothing but fun, fun, fun. It's a ton a work for me, but the kids that attend, love it. Most of the staff enjoy these events, but some (the curmudgeon, for one), seems to feel that an hour or two a month is too much time away from academics.

During the fall and spring, these people don't bother me too much, but during the winter, well, it's a whole different story.They really bug me during cabin fever time. In my mind, everyone needs to enjoy life a bit more. I imagine that I really bother the overly serious, as much as they bother me.

It's time for spring.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: