Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dang It, I Hate Being Human

Some evenings, like this one, I do everything I can think of, rather than write in my blog. Why is this? Writing should be (and really is) a way to clear myself of what is and isn't working. It should feel good. But I still avoid it, some days.

I do the same thing with exercise. Actually, I don't exercise, much. So I don't really do the same thing. I do blog, most nights and I also avoid exercise, most nights. And both make me feel better, in the long run. Hmmmm. I need to think this through... but I don't really want to, tonight, at least.

I guess it comes down to the question of how we choose to live our lives. Do we want to wallow in what is icky in our lives, or do we decide to do what makes us feel good? I have never understood why we decide to make poor choices. Sheese. My paying job and my personal life, could be so much better if I could figure out my own motivation. Is it really just denial?

I hate to think, or to know, that I am so easily explained by mere labels.

Until later
Ann and Dennis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anno, love..or maybe being human is the greatest thing of all??? And the hardest thing of all..?? That we are aware that we have choices..and that we CAN let some things go..and that, basically..that´s ok..because the world doesn´t stop..our country doesn´t stop..nor our city..our neighborhood..nor our family..nor we ourselves. You get my drift, I guess :)

A very close friend said recently: Iva, have you noticed that if you don´t read that book or write that paper that is required at work..that nothing really big happens? Our workplaces continue to function...have you noticed that we do all this planning during our "planning time"..but then more than half of it doesn´t get it done..so why plan so much??? (We both work at preschool level now..my friend and I..but in different places)

Just a thought/s..Anno..I really enjoyed reading your post..but I think that I love being human :)

yours/iva