Saturday, October 30, 2010

Drama Free Hopes

I was exhausted, and wanted to sleep in for a little while this morning. The red walls took more time and coats of paint than I had hoped, and Dennis had been high maintenance for the past 2 weeks. I was looking for a drama free weekend.

But, ten minutes after Natalie, our Saturday morning PCA, had arrived, she knocked on the bedroom door to tell me the tube was clogged. So I crawled out of bed, and pushed hot water in and out, until the tube finally burst open. Back to Methodist Hospital, once again.

Natalie came along, and she and I had plenty of time to talk. She is a smart gal, and we both enjoy her presence in our house. She comes from a completely dysfunctional family, and yet came out on the top of life. She is one of the resilient children of her generation. Don't ask what I mean by that because I am not sure; it simply seems to be a correct statement.

Anyway, drama free doesn't seem to be the particular label for the weekend. And I am still tired, and I know that Dennis will wake me at 4 or 5 am once again tomorrow. Maybe, just because it's Halloween tomorrow, he will give me a big surprise by sleeping in himself. HA!!

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: