Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Don't Watch the Video Until After You Have Read The Post


Jet lag and hurt feelings have subsided, and I am back working at my new part-time job. I have scheduled 3 weeks worth of visits to schools to meet staff, encourage, and congratulate everyone on any progress they have made. It's nice to work and get out and about. It's great that my boss is so accomodating about when I do my work. I like consulting work.

On our trip to England I learned that I cannot travel with Dennis alone. Maybe for a few days, but two weeks was overwhelming. He can do so little for himself anymore. I feel as if I am doing the eating, the walking, the talking, the everything for two people. When he needed a day off, I did too. It was a great trip, and Ralph and Jane were wonderful about helping, but it's all the personal care and the lifting that gets to be too much. So Raquel will travel with us from now on, or we will find a temporary agency to give us help if she cannot come.

He no longer can feed himself, but he is still able to each very soft food as long as it is early in the day. At least by feeding him, we keep the mess to a minimum. This means less laundry and less sweeping. Who could complain about that?

Saturday we attended National Karate's big tournament in Minneapolis. National Karate is the company that my nephew, Hamed, works for. He is considered to be one of the top guys in his category. He is a small guy, but all muscle and lots of flexibility. We were not able to stay long enough to see the final sparring event - called superfights, but he did win in his category. The video above is not great, but Hamed is the dude that starts each time on the left. This is not the superfight, but an earlier sparring event that we did attend.

So, here I am, back to my normal and ready to take on whatever comes my way. With the guy I love at my side, and lots of help, we are able to live a pretty great life.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: