Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Double Happiness

When not working in my new consulting job, or taking care of Dennis, I paint. I started working with symbols lately, and I am really enjoying having the time to be creative. It helps that Dennis is not only supportive, but encourages me. This painting has three Chinese characters for double happiness.

Double happiness is something that we all deserve. I am a believer in creating your own happiness. It's not always easy to be happy when surrounded with situations that can cause sorrow, but I believe it is possible.

Dennis makes me happy.
Painting makes me happy.
My new job makes me happy.
My family makes me happy.
Planning the next trip on the list makes me happy.
My friends make me happy.
Raquel makes me happy, especially when I watch her take such good care of my honey.
My readers make me happy - thank you!

But now I must go to the gym. I don't like it, but the way I feel after makes me happy. Maybe not double happy, but happy. And when I come home, I have the rest of the day to paint while Raquel works with Dennis. And that will make me double happy!
Posted by Picasa
Until Later,
Ann and Dennis

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I love that painting! You are certainly talented as well as a strong role model.

Angela O said...

This post and the painting make me double happy!

Dan said...

Ann and Dennis, I appreciate the sharing that you do. Your artwork is beautiful. Thank you for your positive and faithful outlook. It encourages me and others, I am sure! Dan