Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Normal Couple

I "threatened" to kill Dennis this morning. Of course I would never carry out such a threat (I am not into jail and punishment), but I was frustrated enough to consider the thought, at least.

He kept me up half the night. Then at 6 am, on a Saturday, he wanted me to get him up. He just would not shut up! He groaned and moaned and sighed and poked me until I finally got up to deal with him. At that point I mentioned that I had ways to end his life. I also slapped his back.

He was not happy. And as I walked around in a half awake state most of the morning, I was not happy either.

I am sharing this because I have received so much feedback about how strong I am, how I am to be admired, etc., etc., etc., lately. Yet I am just a simple woman living the life that has been dealt. I get angry. Dennis gets angry. We both get tired and sick of each others company.

And we will go on. We already have fixed this and are looking forward to tomorrow. Maybe it will bring another battle, maybe it will bring a day of dullness, or maybe one of laughter and love. Anyway it turns out, we will always love each other - even if that love looks so much different than it did just a few years ago.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

7 comments:

mg said...

I love your honesty, Ann. I could have written almost the same words. There are times that I completely lose my patience and transform into Medusa. People tell me too that they admire my strength, and I don't know how to respond. I'm just doing the best I can. I just hope there are no hidden cameras in our house.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I have often said that if I recorded our conversations, I would be in lots of trouble. Some days it is just way too much. Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone.

Ruth said...

Ann, I believe this happens in every good and strong relationship. If the relationship wasn't good and strong you wouldn't feel comfortable putting those thoughts into words. You are often in my thoughts! :)

Debra said...

I could have been reading about my mom and dad. It happens. They have no idea how tiresome it all gets. Take care.

Groupon Clone said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
Daily Deal Software

Online E-Learning Script said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks
Best E-Learning Script

Buy Collectibles said...

Hi,
Faljo.com is your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks for sharing!
Buy Items