Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rabbit and Turtle

The newest edition to the house - the electric wheel chair - seems to be working out, for the most part. Dennis has a bit more freedom, a bit more ability to move from one spot to another without assistance from anyone else.

However,

The other day, he almost killed both of us by moving our solid wood dining table across the room. He had the speed set on rabbit instead of turtle, and couldn't move his hand off of the joy stick. I had my back to the whole thing, and heard the table moving behind me. I turned and yelled, "STOP, DENNIS." I have a very loud yell, and it was able to shock him into stopping. I am sure the neighbors were wondering, but who cares anymore.

New rule of the house: NO RABBIT!!

Of course, as I sit here and write this, he just slammed into me one more time, moving my chair a few feet across the room. He was on rabbit again.

How do you slow a boy down when he wants to get away?

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

3 comments:

Queen Jaw Jaw said...

Oh boy...tell Mr. D that the Hare wins the race! PS--I added your link to my blog. Love to you both, G

vivi3 said...

Maybe you don´t slow him down??? Eventho you may loose your own life and your house may be in shambles ;)

A new mantra for Ann..This Is It!! Just a thought. What I really wanted to write was that it was interesting to have that prayer or whatever questioned..hmm..I just took it for granted that it was sacred..written in stone..you know. But then nothing is, is it? You are absolutely right!

Hugs to you both..you crazy, wonderful people and friends!

Love/iva

Anonymous said...

ha,ha,ha... I miss that silly Dennis. Tell him I said hello and to you and Dennis i am doing great. Justina :)