Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Mantra for Ann

I need a mantra.

For too long I have depended on the Serenity Prayer to get me through tough situations. Oh, it works, and it has served me well since I was a child and first saw this prayer on my grandmother's wall. But I need more. I no longer want to accept what I can not change. Nor do I always want to try and figure out what I can change and what I cannot.

So I am searching. I found a (dead) dude named Og Mandino, and American author who not only wrote books, but is somewhat revered for his famous quotations. I shall try on a new one each day and see how it fits. Or, perhaps better yet, I will find a few that I can say together that will work for me. Anyway, the one I choose for today is:

"No longer shall my vocabulary include such words as cannot, unable, impossible or quit."

I can, am able and it is possible for me to care for Dennis in a loving and nurturing manner. I will not quit, even when I want to run and hide from reality. I shall move forward with grace and love.

Until tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: