Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Vacation

We are headed out early Sunday morning for our cruise. The three of us (yes, we are taking Raquel again) will leave from Miami, make a stop in Columbia and the we cruise through the Panama Canal. After that we head down the west side of South America, making stops in Ecuador, Peru and Chile. Two weeks of warm weather and sun.

I ask that anyone who has a few moments each day, to send positive thoughts down our way. I know that sounds strange since we are vacationing, but Dennis has not being doing well lately. He has been waking at 3 am gasping for breath. He is breathing through a nights worth of plegm gurgling in his throat. We spend the next few hours suctioning, nebbing, and repositioning. We are both exhausted.

Dennis is now unable to eat any food. At least that is what the doctor ordered. How well he will follow this order remains to be seen. We hope that it will decrease the plegm and increase the sleep.

Look for pictures in a few weeks.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ann and Dennis-- I will send positive thoughts your way for a wonderful vacation. I read your posts and I laugh and cry. I miss my Pat so very much. This MSA is such a difficult disease for everyone involved. Have a great vacation together.

Janet

HZW said...

I'll be sending positive thoughts too. Have a wonderful time.

Dianne Schwartz said...

I too will be sending thoughts of love and healing your way. I hope Dennis is aware enough to have a wonderful vacation and I hope you get some needed rest! Bon Voyage and take pictures!

basra the cat said...

maybe you should should buy some stuff in columbia? heehee

Marsha said...

Ann, I hope you have a great trip. It sounds wonderful. Horror story: I broke my ankle on Monday. As you know, I had been the sole caregiver for Johnny. Big mistake. Luckily, family and friends have circled the wagons and are working out a schedule with us. And I'm checking into home health nurses. We too need some of those good thoughts you suggested. Take care.

Ruth said...

Lots of positive thoughts winging their way to you through cyberspace. Your vacation sounds lovely. Bon Voyage!

GPS Bike Tracker said...

Nice Post!
We are specialized in Advanced GPS Tracking Device including GPS Tracking System, GPS Fleet Tracking System, Real Time GPS Tracking and completing your requirement for Vehicle Tracking, Bike Tracking and Personal Tracking device at very affordable prices.

Thanks for sharing!
Vehicle Tracking System In India