Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hospice, Part II

I had my 50 minute hour with my therapist yesterday, crawling in on my hands and knees. I came away feeling stronger and ready to fight in spite of how my body feels.

I will not settle for a social worker that says "NO" to a feeding tube. A good social worker will fight and scrape to find a way to get what the client needs.

So last night I wrote to a few different agencies that provide hospice/palliative care. And today I received a response from one that is willing to work around the feeding tube business.

We have an appointment next Monday at our home. Maybe they will be a good fit. Maybe not. But at least, once again, I have not given into the rules. One thing I have learned over the years is that there are no absolutes. And today I am feeling strong enough, once again, to find the right fit for Dennis.

And Jane and Ralph are both coming home sometime today. Life is good, once again.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Good for you - never, ever, give up! Yes, sometimes it's hard, and frustrating, but I know you will succeed. Go Get 'Em!!