Saturday, December 25, 2010

Tomorrow

I am tired and probably should not be doing a blog entry right now. But here I go, anyway.

This has been a boring Christmas. I have an airport cold, and Dennis is as needy as ever. Naturally there is no help because of the holidays and I have become spoiled. I had to cancel dinner with my nephew and his girlfriend. I just could not get Dennis ready and dinner ready and maintain a smile on my face.

So we are stuck with $100 dollars worth of food that I don't particularly like and Dennis cannot eat.

Yes, I am complaining. LOUDLY.

I will admit that I am unhappy. This is most likely Dennis' last Christmas and neither of us enjoyed much of the day. We did watch Penelope late in the afternoon, and we were able to smile a bit, but it just was not quite right.

Even though Dennis has been pooping at night in bed, after clean up the pressure sore seems to be improving. But I am not a nurse or doctor, so I don't always know what I am looking for in a problem.

Enough complaining. Tomorrow may be better. I mean, tomorrow will be better. It's only a day away.

Ann and Dennis

4 comments:

HZW said...

Fully understand and sympathize. We just found out my husband has congestive heart failure on top of all his neuro and other heart problems. His meds make him aggressive on top of his neediness. We had a massive blow up 2 days ago in which I said I was done. He had been unbearable for weeks. We both ended up in tears and he is trying harder and so am I. Our Christmas was not the best either and who knows if it will be his last or not so it should have been good in case it is. I understand his anger and frustration at being ill and I am trying really hard to keep everything else going smoothly and make life as pleasant as I can for him but sometimes he is difficult to help. You have been such an inspiration to me and it helps to know that I am not the only one who gets overwhelmed by it all. I know my understanding doesn't ease your situation but believe me I am grateful and priviledged to be able to read your blog. Thank you

Ann said...

Heather, it does help to hear your voice. It helps more than you could know.

And Tracy, I don't know where your comment ended up, but I did get a copy of it in my email. Thank you for your help. I will try it out and post later about how this worked out for us.

Ann

Car Auctions said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
Buy Used Cars

GPS Micro Tracker said...

Hi,
We are specialized in Advanced GPS Tracking Device including GPS Tracking System, GPS Fleet Tracking System, Real Time GPS Tracking and completing your requirement for Vehicle Tracking, Bike Tracking and Personal Tracking device at very affordable prices.

Thanks for sharing information!
Vehicle Tracking Device