Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mirror, Mirror

Today was a reality check, big time.

In the past few years, I have gained weight - a few pounds at a time. When Dennis and I first met, I was fitting comfortably into a size 6. During our first vacation, in Bermuda, I looked like a knockout in my red and pink and white bathing suit. I still have the picture to prove it!

Enter menopause, middle age, a more negative, stressful work environment, family genes, and the drastic changes in our lives, I have doubled my dress size. I am learning to accept the new me, and I know that I will never be the 40-something year old in her bathing suit again. But I really wasn't ready to accept......

....that.....

....I may never wear a bathing suit again.

I had ordered two bathing suits from Miracle Suit!!! Look 10 pounds lighter!!!! I was hoping one would work. They came Thursday, but I only, just today, tried them on. I didn't like what looked back at me in the mirror so I walked out to get encouragement from Dennis.

Dennis just laughed, and told me he still loved me.

I guess if I can still love him, he can still love me, too.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

Oh, and size 12 may not be big, but going from 6 to 12 in 1 1/2 years is a biggie.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Glad to know MSA doesn't change everything about your man does it? HAHA
Hey size 12 is not big! Hello from a fellow size 12!