Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Waiting

I have been waiting for Dennis for almost 2 hours. I probably will be waiting for at least one more hour. I should know better by now.

First it was a 2 hour breakfast. That was fine, I expected that. But then he needed to poop. Which is good, because we are planning on a road trip today. But I hadn't expected him to sit there for over an hour.

I wouldn't care, normally, but I don't feel like driving home in traffic. We are headed south, along the Mississippi, hoping to see the bald eagles. It's about a two hour drive each way, and if we don't leave before noon, we will be coming home during rush hour.

2 weeks later....

Last night Dennis kept me up all night, turning him, lifting his head, nightmares..... I was, at the very least, polite this time...and yet...

(I know, too many....'s in this post)

This morning, when Dennis begged me to stay home from work, I did. I was exhausted, and he needed/craved attention from me. So I rolled over and tried to make up for no sleep. But he was still needy, even after the alarm called me to attention. It was only after he was sitting up in his wheel chair that he finally declared that all was right with the world. And I was exhausted.

But, all wasn't right with the world. He had a 2 hour poop, and then ate a bit. Then another 30 minute poop, and off, with Raquel, to the Courage Center at 1:00. We had been up, officially for 6 hours before they left the house. He wasn't moving well at all.

I am concerned, worried, and trying not to be concerned and worried. But he is slowing down, noticeably, lately. More to come.....

No comments: