Sunday, April 4, 2010

Retirement, Yes!

Looking back over the past week, I know am positive that I will be good at retirement.

I loved having the opportunity and energy to spend time with Dennis. Just hanging around the house, helping him out with his chores, his nagging me, my nagging him. going out for a movie or a ride - just being together.

I also enjoyed having the time and energy to indulge in some of my own fun. Dancing in the house to a stupid song, painting and writing, sleeping without an alarm, and eating and peeing when nature called.

I have practiced retirement for a few years now, whenever I was on a break from school. But this time was different. I was really looking at my day to day life to see how retirement fits me. And, it fits quite nicely, thank you very much.

June 10 is the last day at school. I look forward to the next chapter of my life, starting on June 11, 2010.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

1 comment:

Dan said...

Ann, I am glad that you will soon be retired and experience the joy of being with your husband, full time. I miss school life, but there is nothing better than being with your best friend each day. God for you!