Saturday, February 27, 2010

Retirement?

It was a rotten week at work on so many levels. I even came home crying (actually sobbing) one evening. It didn't help that the boss said a resounding "NO" to the job share idea.

Dennis was a doll about the whole matter, and tried hard not to ask for much from me. He also let me know that he would support any choice that I made regarding working next year. He would be a very happy camper if I decided to retire.

I am leaning, very strongly, toward retirement. (If you work with me, please do not ask me about this - I will make an announcement when I have made my decision).

I do have an appointment with TRA - Teacher's Retirement Association - to see how much income I would have if I retired at the end of June. After that, I need to meet with our Human Resources to see how many of my sick days could be converted into dollars for insurance. I know that it will most likely be a break even situation - I probably will make just enough money to cover my insurance and co-pays.

Fiscally, I suppose it isn't a very sound decision to retire. Emotionally, however, it seems to be the best idea that I have had in years.

If I do retire, I will take sometime to just be with Dennis and myself. Then I will begin one more career - what that will be, I don't know. But my bliss will find me. It always does.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

1 comment:

vivi3 said...

Yes Ann..it always finds you..your bliss. Just look at Dennis..he found you. Or did you find him? No matter..you have bliss with this man that you love..and now you can concentrate on sharing your lives together..and coming up with fun things and crazy things to do..Oh, it´s the right decision alright :) I bet that Dennis agrees =). Your next job? Writing a book together..you and Dennis. And helping others, like you, plan trips that work despite handicap and illness..with all that entails.You can describe & res´´commend places that you & Dennis have been too.

O yes, girl..this IS the right step..or it feels very much as the right thing to do right now! Why not write a book about your feeling, experiences and practical aolutions that you made to make it work as long as possible..as well as possible! Bold move, girl. I bet Dennis was your inspiration & moving force?

Gotta kinda just fall into bed now..it´s 7am over here..and I´ve pulled a whole nighter..listening to music and writing and thinking.. I found myself again..and the sun is coming up..it´s beautiful!

Hugs to you both!! What a gift! And so many opportunities open up. Probably alot that you don´t even see yet!