Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Depleted

The other day someone asked, what super power would you want, if you could have one? My immediate answer was to have unending emotional strength. Unfortunately, I am human, and have no super powers. But I do have the ability to recognize when I am depleted.

And right now, I am depleted. I have decided to take the rest of this week off, and probably next week, too. I need to replenish myself, take care of my emotional and physical needs, and let go of stress.

I have a plan. I made my list this morning and have already made an appointment with a doctor. I made a list of everything that I have put off in the past month. I will check off each of these and then write some short term and long term goals to keep emotionally and physically healthily. I have put myself on the back burner for too long now.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

2 comments:

Janet Fischer said...

Ann, I am sending you some of my strength and positive thoughts. I know how you are feeling. My tears are with you. The caregiver roll is so much more than I ever imagined it would be. I am proud that you are taking the time. Please call if you need to talk.

Anonymous said...

I always say, if you don't take care of yourself how can you care for others.