Thursday, May 14, 2009

Love You, Dad

Last May, my family got together for my mother's 80th birthday and my parent's 60th wedding anniversary. At the time my brother suggested that the next time we would all be together would be for a funeral. He was right, of course.

My father was my most faithful blog reader. When I first started writing, I made a vow to write everyday for a year. I had just completed the book, Julie and Julia, and figured if she could do it, I could do it. However, I wasn't able to keep up with the task. When I first missed a day of blogging, dad called me and asked if everything was okay. Eventually, after a few of those phone calls, I had the blog delivered to his email every time I wrote a new entry.

When I was rummaging around his papers last week, looking for unpaid bills (there was only one) and such, I found many of my blog entries printed out for mom and dad to read. You would always know that the two of them had read them, because they would make some reference to them during on weekly Sunday phone calls. I will need to call upon a friend, now, to print them out and bring them to mother, for she no longer uses the computer.

I will miss my father for so many reasons. But here, on this blog, I will miss my most faithful reader.

To dad. May you rest in complete peace.

Love, Ann

1 comment:

Ann said...

Ah, my dear friend, Ann... I wanted to send you some flowers, but I'd rather bring you some and take you out for lunch. Can we plan it for the first week we're off of work? Love you much and want you to know I've been thinking about you! :-)