Friday, December 26, 2008

Vacation

When I have time off from work, I always think about retirement. I enjoy sleeping without an alarm and living without an agenda. Eventually, however, Dennis wakes up and begins needing me for this, that and the other.

I do love helping him. I have learned to enjoy almost everything about giving him the care that he requires. We even have a pet name for me, when I am giving care - Bec N Call. But I only love helping when I am not doing it full time.

I am not a natural born care giver. I am sure that if I had ever gotten around to having children, that I would have hired a nanny to do at least half of the work.

It's not that I am lazy, I just need lots of variety in my life. It is not out of a lack of love, either. I love, love, love Dennis. I want to keep that love, too. Taking away my entire independence is not the way to keep my love strong.

We seem to have found a good balance that is working for us, at least right now.

And that is all I have to say for today.

No comments: