Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Life

Right before we left for London, I received a call from telling me that Larry, an old friend of mine was in the hospital. I did not have time to visit him before we left, but I knew that he had family and friends around to be with him.

Today I called to find out how he was doing. He had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, is non-responsive and has only days to live.

I think this is the way that Larry has chosen to go out of this world. He lived his life his way, and spending time in a doctors office, even if it meant living for several more years, was of no interest to him. Until right before Thanksgiving, he ignored the fact that he hadn't been feeling well. He will die quickly, if not a bit too soon.

Dennis looks at life so differently. He wants to live and tries everything he can think of to extend his life for many, many years. He fights hard to live a great life.

I can respect the way Larry choose to live his life. But I not only respect Dennis' choices, I also admire the way that he has decided to live his life.

Thank you, Dennis, for being strong and for loving life.

Until tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis

2 comments:

How To Unlock My Blackberry said...

Fabulous Sharing!
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
How To Unlock My Blackberry Curve

Car Auctions said...

Nice Post!
Faljo.com is your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks
Sell Items