Monday, December 8, 2008

Conversation

It was back to work for me, today. My body clock is still confused and I was wide awake at 3:00. By the end of the day I looked and felt worse than the proverbial dishrag. But I made it through and I should be feeling quite normal in another day or two.

I was asked by so many people how the trip went. 'It was a great trip,' was my first response, but most people went on to ask how Dennis did on the trip. I told them great, but then went on to tell them the best part of the trip was having conversations with Dennis.

Dennis' best speech hours are after his morning meds and breakfast and before 4:00 in the afternoon. By the time I get home from work, his speech is close to incomprehensible. On Saturdays I am exhausted from work and care-giving, and I don't feel like talking. That leaves us with Sundays, but then that pesky game called football begins right after our late breakfast.

So, for me, one of the highlights of going to London with Dennis for two weeks was having the hours between 10:00 and 4:00 for conversation. We didn't talk about anything important, but we had the time to talk with each other.

Until tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: