Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Dance

First, let me say how lazy I have been lately. The very idea of writing has had absolutely no intrigue to me at all. Maybe it is because winter, so far, has been very cold. Maybe it was the London break, and the cold, virus type of stuff that followed. Whatever, I became a bit down and uninterested in keeping any of my goals alive and well and fulfilled.



But today, I feel a bit lighter.



Perhaps it was finishing the wrapping of presents. Maybe it was setting the table for dinner tommorow. Then again, it might just be that this is the fourth day that I haven't had to go to work.



But, I really think it was the dance I had with Dennis today.



Dennis loves rock and roll. Me, too, but only the lighter stuff. The kind of rock that a girl can join in singing or dancing.

Dennis loves it all, but today he wanted to hear one of his favorites. We bought a new Bose Wave for ourselves, and he wanted to play one specific track. It was a great slow song. He knew the words, and I knew how to wrap my arms around him and hold him up.

We danced the entire song. One whole rotation around in a mini-circle. He sang the entire song. And I lost my tiredness.

I am back.

Until tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: