Friday, December 11, 2009

Er, again...but first a RN visit and an Urgent Care Visit

Yesterday, Dennis woke up convinced something was wrong with him. He had an appointment with the nurse practitioner at Struther's for a general check up. He mentioned he felt something stuck in his throat. Nothing found. Raquel was with us to meet the staff at Struther's and then give me a few hours for boring stuff. I warned Dennis that I would prefer that he dealt with his health earlier rather than later in the day.

After the appointment I went grocery shopping and Dennis and Raquel went to the Courage Center. Halfway through the grocery store, my cell started ringing. Raquel requesting that I meet she and Dennis at Urgent Care. I finished my shopping, put the frozen and the fridge items away, and headed back to the clinic. Good, Dennis hadn't waited until 9 pm to deal with his recent problem.

UC found some possible concerns, but "just watch your breathing, temp and sweating" (and decide if you are sicker that I think you are and hope your insurance will cover your current problem...and other such cynical stuff) was the answer. With another prescription for an anti-biotic in my hand, we headed home.

Dennis went to bed and I decided to have a bottle of wine...

Then, just when I tucked myself into bed, was nice and comfy in Minnesota winter, a bit drunk on wine, this is when Dennis decided we needed to call 911.

It's not cheap to call 911. At least not under my insurance plan. And right now we are in another insurance change - my employer (wow, 900 a month for shit!) to medicare. More on this later, I know.

But when Dennis decides that he wants to call 911, I dial that phone. The last few times, he fought me tooth and nail.

So the ER for three hours, then a decision to keep him over-night, and I finally get a good nights sleep.

More to come.

Until tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis

1 comment:

Ann Viveros said...

I'm wondering what you need? What can we, your friends, do for you? Please think about this. Maybe a massage, Reiki, a meal, a visit, a get away for a few hours. I'm in awe at your strength and know that you need to replenish yourself in order to give as much as you do. Maybe a spa day at LTF? Talk to me. Love you, Ann