Friday, August 14, 2009

Sleeping

I am a gifted sleeper. Really. I have always had a talent for sleeping soundly and through the night. My sister and mother struggle with sleeping. Not me. I am the one in the family who really believes in the value of sleep. When I first met Dennis, he teased me about my sleeping. He had never known anyone who lived by the eight hour rule. Even when I needed to get up at 5 am for my job, I never went without my full eight.

So, what am I doing up at 3 in the morning, once again?

Yes, it has been a very strange and difficult year. Or, perhaps, even year and a half. But, until this spring, I had still been able to sleep. And, yes, Dennis is having those prairie dog dreams, again. But, even those wouldn't deter the real Ann from her solid eight.

I was laying in bed, just an hour ago, pondering all of this. I thought, perhaps I just need to get back to work. A schedule does wonders for a sleep pattern. Well, I return to work tomorrow. Just a dabble at work - 4 hours and then another week off. But, still, knowing I must be up and in the right frame of mind, does not keep me asleep. And, last year, I was not sleeping well, even when working. So, this theory is not working for me.

I am not happy when I cannot blame someone or something, for my problems. It just cannot be something that I am doing. It has to be Dennis, or work, or family, or just the luck of the draw. But, not matter what, it cannot be me.

Yet, this time, maybe it is my own problem. Just maybe.

Until later,
Ann (and Dennis, the sleeping half of this story)

No comments: