Monday, August 24, 2009

Too Many Prescriptions

Lately I have been misplacing things and forgetting way too much. Yes, part of it is age, thank you very much, but I also want to blame some of this on how much I have on my mind. I seem to be in a constant state of minor confusion.

This weekend, I picked up some prescriptions for me, for Mother and for Dennis. As usual I had trouble getting Dennis' filled, and this time mom's were a problem too. Seems the Air Force couldn't find my dad, and they didn't want to cover the scripts. But eventually all of the drugs were ready for pick up. Three for me, three for Dennis and two for mom. I delivered my mother's to her and brought the rest home.

I remember separating them, and putting Dennis' on one chair, and my own on another. I put mine in my drawer and brought Dennis' into his bathroom. The next day, however, one of Dennis was missing. Shit. It was the class 3 narcotic that he uses for a sleeping pill.

I have searched in every drawer, tossed the furniture and the bed, and looked through my purse at least a dozen times. They are no where to be found. I finally had to dial the phone and plead stupidity. I imagine they will get refilled sooner or later, but I can rest assured that the insurance company, the pharmacist and the doctor will be on the lookout for future drug issues.

And I was really looking forward to a full night of sleep!

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: