Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dennis' New Bed

Our new hospice organization already supplied Dennis with a new bed. It is a pressure guard mattress. Since I can't explain it well, I have put the link to the particular mattress that he has right here.

Dennis' New Bed

It is eligible for medicare reimbursement, according to the ad.

I am not promoting this particular model, but I am promoting the type of bed. Dennis slept like a baby. Until last night, he had only used his medical bed twice. Now I am sure that I won't be able to keep him out of it!

As for me, I slept through the night for the first time in months. There were no wake up calls for repositioning because the bed automatically does this for Dennis.

I know that some of you out there are dealing with positioning issues and bed sores. If you are, I highly recommend that you find a way to get one of these beds into your home.

Of course, tonight might be different. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have recently been diagnosed with MSA and amd am afraid because I live alone and have no one to be a caregiver, no close relatives to help. Any advice would be appreciated . Thanking you in advance.

Ann said...

Send me your email address, please, and I will be happy to help out as much as possible.