Friday, August 22, 2008

Frustration Today

I am not a happy girl, today. Dennis has not been sleeping well lately, and I guess that means I don't sleep well either. This morning, at 4:00, he was awake when I got up to use the bathroom. He announced, when I returned to bed, that he was not going to the Struther's Clinic today for group. This was not news a girl who likes her full eight hours of sleep wants to hear three hours before she wants to wake up.

We had a talk a few hours later, after I watched a silly On-Demand TV movie and had my earlier than usual cup of coffee. He has this feeling that I fall asleep on a dime. What he doesn't understand is that only works as long as I am mindless. When my mind is all full of new and unwanted information, I am awake for ever. Handing me the news that my plans have been suddenly changed because of his whim of the moment, does not bring back my sleep.

I am tired. Perhaps I will catch up tonight on my sleep. Perhaps, one day, we will figure each other out.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis
Living with Shy-Drager, Multiple System Atrophy and too little sleep

No comments: