Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cats and Dogs

Dennis is a dog. A big, cuddly, playful puppy dog. He begs in the sweetest way, for treats and attention. It is hard to turn him down for even the silliest of requests.
I am a cat. A fierce, large, and stand-offish cat. You do not offer me treats or attention, I take them when I need them. I am not cuddly, but I am strong and protective of those I love.
I love dogs and Dennis loves cats. I guess that is why we do so well together. We are not alike, but we are attracted to the personality of the other. We each hold tight to our internal ways of being, and admire the different qualities that we each bring to the relationship.
Today we are going to the humane society to see if we can find a kitten for Dennis. He has been wanting to get a kitten for a long time. I would rather have a puppy, but I have enough to take care of right now. Actually, I would rather not have a pet of any kind, but sometimes you just have to give in to the wants of your partner. Consequently, it's a kitty that we will look for today.
We have set the ground rules already. No canned food sitting in the fridge, only hard cat food. The cat box will be in his office, not sitting in the middle of our big, open condo's great room area. Dennis will be the primary care giver for this new addition to our family. He will feed the kitty, clean the cat box and take care of it's day to day needs. I have put my large cat paw down!
I believe it will be healthy in so many ways for Dennis to have something to take care of and play with while I am gone. He loves attention, but not too much, and a cat just might fit the bill.
Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis
Living with Multiple System Atrophy, Parkinson's Plus and Shy-Drager

1 comment:

Farhan.Jee said...

Get the information you need to protect your pet. Many commercial foods can cause not only allergies, but can actually decrease your pets comfort, quality of life and shorten their life span. diabetic dog food brands