Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Oh, gawd. It is Super Bowl Sunday. Dennis has the TV tuned to the game, 2 hours before it is scheduled to start. This is the longest football day of the year. He is even sitting on one of the leather chairs, for the event. His lap is covered with salsa and chips and he is sucking on a Coke.

The perfect football zombie.

I imagine there is a positive side to being a football zombie. He has a way to relax and ignore the outside world. Well, all but 90 football players, several coaches, many high cost ads, etc, etc, etc. At least politics, world woes, economics, an irritating disease and his partner mean nothing to him for a few hours each Sunday.

I have my own diversions. This is just one of his. I admit that I do not understand this particular means of letting go. I suppose that he does not truly comprehend mine, either.

So I will make the special Super Bowl dinner and try to watch TV with him for a few hours. But, most importantly, I will try not to complain too loudly or too often.

No comments: